Okay so I’m no Nigella Lawson and I’m pretty aware of the fact I’ll never match the standards of Cafe Strange Brew but today I shared probably the best pancakes I’ve yet made and my inbox blew up! You guys apparently love pancakes as much as I do.
So out of laziness if I’m perfectly honest I thought I’d pop the recipe up here rather than send it to each individual person as it is just that bit easier. So here’s the very simple and probably not that healthy but sure damn tasty pancake recipe I have managed to nail so far that fills us up and usually is enough for two days breakfasts.
What you will need!
A T2 perfect scoop of baking powder (about 2 teaspoons)
1 teaspoon white sugar
2 large eggs
40 grams butter (melted and slightly cooled)
200 millilitres milk (approximately)
240 grams self raising flour.
Makes approximately 15 thick and fluffy coaster sizes pancakes!
What to do!
- Throw all the dry ingredients in a bowl an mix them up a little then crack in your eggs.
- Mix everything on low in the mixer whilst the butter melts in the microwave. Or gently by hand.
- Add butter and once mixed in slowly add milk until you have a thick batter, a bit like cake batter but slightly looser. Let this mix on high for about 1 minuet as a dry nonstick pan heats on medium. (I use the smaller ring and just take it slow)
- Using a table spoon drop the batter in to the pan and smooth slightly. The pancakes will come away from the pan easily when they are ready to flip. Press lightly to ensure a good bounce back and pop to the side till all are done!
- Cover in what you like and eat till you are ready to nap!
And there you have it! A simple and scrumptious pancake recipe I’ve finally managed to get just to our liking that is certainly worth the effort.
Love and hugs,